Paper Submission Instructions
For submission click here:
The submission deadline for the AIB-MENA Conference is drawing closer. If for any reason you think you cannot meet this deadline, please send your expressions of interest to our Vice President Porgram: Dr. Victor Huang (Zayed University,UAE) [ firstname.lastname@example.org; cc. email@example.com ] before the deadline date. All expressions of interest must have a detailed abstract of the paper.
We seek original papers that address the main theme of the conference and topics from the disciplinary areas of international business listed above. Originality means that the paper has not been presented at any other conferences or published in any academic journals or books, even if these other outlets are in different languages. Once accepted, the content of any paper should NOT be changed or revised for the conference presentation.
Accepted papers will be presented at the conference in either one of two formats: paper presentations or interactive roundtable sessions. Each paper presentation lasts roughly 20 minutes with 15 minutes for the presentation of the paper and 5 minutes for Q&A. Papers accepted for competitive sessions must prepare a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation. In the interactive roundtable sessions, authors will present their papers as an informal interactive discussion with other participants using handouts. We are also accepting poster presentations.
Papers submitted for review must be complete and should be submitted ideally as:
- Word 2003 document file (.doc) (Word 2007(.docx) or PDF files and contain the following:
- Cover Page (This will be uploaded separately)
- Abstract Page
- Main Text
- Figures (if any)
- Tables (if any)
- The cover page must include:
- Title of the paper
- For all Authors: full name, affiliation, address, phone number, fax number (if any), and email address. Add an asterisk (*) beside the name of the corresponding (contact) author
- If it is a submission with a student as lead author, indicate on the upper right hand corner with the words "Student Paper"
- The abstract page must include (NO author information should appear on this page):
- Title of the paper
- Abstract (100-200 words)
- Key words: use no more than five words to identify the content area
- Methodological Area: qualitative or quantitative, or both
- For future reference and correspondence once you have submitted your paper please refer to the file with the electronic submission ID number that will be assigned to you when you submit your manuscript online
- Number all of the pages of the paper starting from the abstract page
- The maximum length of the paper is 35 pages, including all tables, figures, notes, and references
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double spaced, with 1-inch (2.5cm) margins all around for the text, including headers and footnotes
- Papers must be written in English and follow the current style, including references format, of the official journal of the Academy of International Business: Journal of International Business Studies, http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jibs/index.html
- To facilitate the blind review process, remove ALL author-identifying information from the text, including acknowledgements. All author-identifying information should appear in the cover page only
- Check that the paper prints correctly (i.e., all imported figures and tables appear properly) and ensure that the file is virus-free
- On the Upper right hand corner, label your papers by : Track Name(Specialist Track if any)/Competitive/interactive/Student/Practitioner Paper)
Important Dates for you to remember:
Expressions of Interest: 15 October, 2014
Full Paper Submission: 1 December, 2014
Registration begins: 1 October, 2014 [ Full registration USD 400; AIB Annual membership USD 100; AIB low income membership: USD 50]